Sometime ago, I started experimenting with fimo or polyester clay to make my own beads. My initial thoughts went from, it's fairly simple to blend the colours and create shapes as I want, to oh wow! there are so many possibilities! I soon discovered that there are a range of techniques that can be used to create intricate patterns, almost unfathomable as you can see here.
This first batch from a couple of months ago consists of mainly marbled beads in various sizes and flattened pendants. You can see a more complex pink and yellow flower design, the beginning of using different colours in a systematic way to form patterns. In the second photo, you can see the recent batch out of the oven and waiting to be macra-made!
Blending, twisting and coiling to form spirals - I'm quite happy with them, what do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment