I just got back from a 150 km weekend cycle trip in the beautiful Western Ghats. It was a tough first day, sun beating down on us and mammoth slopes. A Golden Oriole, Parakeets, open pastures, Fig trees and blossoming coffee bushes coupled with foggy views, dancing mist, excited cheering children, cows and pigs fueled my exhausted self.
An overcast day and lovely rolling terrain made for an easy second days ride. Hearty thanks to a great team of riders and organisers who made my first punishing wilderness trip a memorable one.
Everything a blur,
two days have felt like a year.
Tired, thirsty we detest faulty gear.
The times are-a-changing
sweat trickles
I crave a beer.
Inspired by my intense longing for fruits, hillbilly friend and sans protein diet are words to fill the ravenous pit.
Oh, Pumpkin
where is my munch kin!?
Oh silly Watermelon
my heart hath been stolen.
A hillbilly friend
not a villain or a felon
but an orrible far away cretin
bum, bum, bum
I long to see, I long to be
petals speak to us and trees sing green, yellow, blue
I wish upon the stars
sleep under their naked dark.
Unto the universe
I fly to you
love paint art create
Lobster dance
Hobbit hob
Maybe I dreamt it, maybe I did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment